Acromag introduces a new range of isolated transmitters featuring a convenient USB connection for simple installation and set-up.
Acromag’s new TT230 series of isolated transmitters is PC/Windows-programmable via USB for conversion of temperature, voltage and current inputs to sink/source-compatible 4-20mA control signals. These signal conditioners are only 12.5mm wide for high-density mounting on DIN rails and provide a convenient USB connection to a PC for simple, precise configuration using Windows software.
Acromag’s new TT230 series USB configured transmitters are available in a number of models to isolate and convert thermocouple, RTD, voltage or current input signals to a 4-20mA output. These 2-wire transmitters are loop-powered and support both source or sink output wiring connections on the current loop with a 12-32V DC supply.
Key features of Acromag’s new TT230 series isolated transmitters:
- Ruggedized design enables -40°C to +80°C operation, electrical noise immunity and surge protection
- Simple USB configuration and universal sink/source 4-20mA output accommodate virtually any process measurement/control application
- All units support both 4-20mA sinking (2-wire) and sourcing output (3-wire) device wiring to eliminate confusing model selection
- Thermocouple units accept eight different sensor types (J, K, T, R, S, E, B, N), as well as ±100mV inputs
- RTD units accommodate 2-, 3-, and 4-wire 100 ohm platinum sensors or 0-900 ohm linear resistance inputs
- Voltage models convert bipolar signals from ±10mV to ±150V DC with multiple selectable ranges
- Current units widely adjustable to support ±20mA, 0-20mA, and 4-20mA DC input signals
- Delivers high accuracy, superior noise resistance and fast response times
- Demonstrates excellent linearity and stability with very low temperature drift
- Software calibration eliminates zero/span pots, DIP switches, and pushbuttons for easy programming
- Programmable over/under range and fault/alarm levels enable identification of a ‘runaway’ process or broken sensor
- Selectable up/downscale failsafe modes ensure safe, predictable shutdown with a NAMUR-compliant fault response
Acromag is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .