Acromag introduces Model ST133, a new line of isolated thermocouple/millivolt signal conditioners to their ST130 series of low-cost temperature transmitters.
This enhanced version of Acromag’s USB-configured thermocouple/millivolt input transmitters features an isolation barrier to protect from surges, reduce noise and eliminate ground loop errors.
Model ST133 isolated thermocouple transmitters are a high-performance version of the economy-level ST132, also converting sensor input signals from eight thermocouple types or a ±100mV range, and outputting a proportional 4-20mA process control signal.
However, the addition of 1500V isolation between the input and output circuit shields equipment from high-voltage surges and transient signals. The isolation also breaks up ground loops and reduces signal noise that could interfere with measurement accuracy.
Quick configuration of Model ST133 isolated thermocouple transmitters is facilitated using the Windows software and a USB connection to the PC to select input type with standard or reverse-acting output, scale I/O ranges, set filtering levels, and choose upscale or downscale operation for sensor faults.
Many end-user and OEM applications still require high isolation to combat and reject the effects of large common mode voltages, electrical noise, surges and system ground loops.
The new ST133 thermocouple transmitters enable Acromag to offer a choice of isolated or non-isolated units to better meet their customers’ price/performance requirements. The ST133 bridges the gap between economy units and more expensive high-performance isolated transmitters.
Key features of Acromag Model ST133 thermocouple transmitters:
- Easy installation and set-up using a USB connection to the PC and the free Windows configuration software
- Supports mounting in DIN Form B sensor heads or on a DIN rail
- CE compliant with pending UL/cUL Class 1 Div 2 Zone 2 approvals
- Operates reliably over a -40ºC to +80ºC operating temperature range
- Signal linearization and cold-junction compensation functions
- Response times as low as 30ms
- Digital calibration eliminates zero/span pots, DIP switches and pushbuttons for precise and stable measurements
- Rugged design helps reliable operation in harsh industrial environments
- Ambient temperature drift less than 75ppm/ºC for long-term stability
- Shock (50g) and vibration (5g) resistance
- High-level electrical noise immunity (RFI, EMI, ESD, EFT, and surge protection)
- Non-polarised output/power connection prevents incorrect wiring
- Variety of mounting and wiring accessories for easy installation
- USB isolator further protects equipment from ground loops, electrical noise and surges during configuration
- Kit with software, isolator and USB interface cables supplied for convenience
- Numerous connection head enclosures also available
- Stainless steel, aluminium and cast iron housings with explosion-proof or general-purpose ratings