GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the ACR301 single board computer based on Intel’s latest Atom E6XX processor that integrates both 3D graphics and memory controller.
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .
The rugged 3U CompactPCI single board computer is designed for applications with low power consumption and addresses the growing requirement for embedded computing solutions that consume minimal power and dissipate minimal heat.
Designed to deliver optimum performance/watt, these single board computers are ideal for use in extreme environments such as military and aerospace applications or industrial environments.
While demanding embedded applications still require the highest performance, this is increasingly being tempered by the need to deliver the same performance in applications such as unmanned vehicles where space, weight, power availability and the ability to dissipate heat are often highly constrained.
The ACR301 single board computer is one of the earliest solutions to use Intel’s latest Atom processor to specifically address the requirements of these applications, helping users gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
Key features of the ACR301 single board computer:
- Excellent performance/watt characteristics (sub-10 watts) and high flexibility
- Offered with four alternative versions of the Intel Atom processor and five ruggedisation levels
- Flexibility is enhanced with the provision of a mezzanine (PMC) site that enables it to be precisely configured for specific application profiles
- Comprehensive input/output and communications capabilities:
- Two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Two full duplex asynchronous serial ports
- Two Gen 2 SATA ports
- Support for CAN-bus
- 1 GByte of DDR2 SDRAM
The ACR301 single board computer represents a technology insertion opportunity for existing users of GE’s CR4 and CR5 single board computers.
Supported operating systems include VxWorks, Linux and Windows