The eNet-1553, now stocked locally by Metromatics, is an innovative product designed to provide real time connectivity of 1553 operations on an Ethernet local area network (LAN).
Manufactured by Alta, the device combines an advanced 32-bit FPGA protocol engine with real time IP/UDP thin server in a small, low power and rugged enclosure. It weighs around 200 grams and is about the size of a four stub coupler.
Customers can implement applications with the same feature rich AltaPI application programming interface used with standard cards often without even recompiling, providing optimal code portability.
The same BC, mRT and BM functions as offered by Alta's other cards are included in the eNet-1553 1553 to Ethernet converter. The device can also provide an additional independent BM mode to auto bridge (transmit) 1553 messages on a user defined IP/UDP packet header.
Setup images can be auto loaded for fast auto start up in simple RT applications that do not require an API interface, but rather just a standard UDP interface (usually achieved through simple socket programming).
Key features of the eNet-1553 converter include:
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet <-> MIL-STD-1553 applications
- real time IP/UDP Ethernet to/from 1553 **
- remote 1553 devices on the LAN - small size
- full BC, mRT, BM signal capture capability
- auto BM Mode for 1553->Ethernet bridging
- auto load BC, RT and BM images for fast start up
- 5-30V DC, 400-700 mAmp (5V) typical
- 1 Amp USB power OK
- optional Power over Ethernet (PoE); and
- IRIG-B RX Decode, PPS triggers, discretes.