Instrumentation Technology Systems (ITS) offers the 6041G HS-SDI video data encoders designed for accurate time stamping of each video frame/field when placed within 100m of an SDI video source.
A ruggedized range of SDI video inserters, the 641G-HD accepts SD, HD and 3G SDI video sources per SMPTE 259M/292M/424M.
Time stamping prior to any compression and transmission of the SDI stream from a remote source such as a range camera ensures that time recorded is accurate to within 10 microseconds of the frame or field sync.
Since the unit relocks the SDI stream, it may also be used as a repeater extending the distance from the SDI video source to the transport insertion equipment. The 6041G HS-SDI video data encoders auto-detect and decode the imaging format permitting most DSI 480i/p, 720p or 1080i/p NTSC or PAL sources to be connected without having to change system settings.
The time message may be inserted into the active video image, with the colour (1 of 16) and location selected by the user. When selected the time is also inserted into the SDI meta-data (vertical ancillary packets). The time reference is derived from either the internal GPS receiver or an external IRIG B time code source. If the GPS or IRIG lock is lost, the unit will automatically continue to run on an internal clock.
Key features of 6041G HS-SDI video data encoders:
- Accepts SD, HD and 3G SDI video sources per SMPTE 259M/292M/424M
- Auto detects and formats insertion for 480i/p, 720p and 1080i/p for both NTSC and PAL field/frame rates
- Synchronises time to internal GPS, or applied IRIG B
- Inserts a time stamp synchronised to within 10usec of frame sync into each field/ frame of video and SDI VANC ancillary packet
- Inserts movable crosshair and fixed boresight crosshair
- Insert up to two event/alarm marks into each video channel
- Inserts up to 3920 characters of alphanumeric data
- Selects 1 of 16 colours individually for characters, crosshair and boresight crosshair
- Remotely controlled via Ethernet port and RS-232C serial port
- Non volatile memory saves key settings and certain insertion
- Housed in a ruggedised aluminium enclosure (2.5" H x 10" W x 7" D)
- Powered by 9-36VDC