Huntron’s new versions of Tracker 2800 and 2800S troubleshooting tools can be interfaced with the Huntron Workstation software.
An optional add-on to a Tracker 2800/2800S with a USB connection, the Workstation software allows the user to develop tests, capture and compare signatures as well as view test results on a PC.
Users can upgrade to software control at any time using the USB port on the rear panel of new 2800 and 2800S Trackers. An upgrade kit that adds a USB port to an existing Tracker 2800 is also available.
The Tracker 2800 series is a great off-line support tool for the automated Huntron Access Prober diagnostic systems, featuring variable range parameters resulting in over 100 combinations of voltage, source resistance and frequency.
The Tracker works by applying a current-limited AC signal across two points of a component. The current flow causes a vertical signature deflection, while the applied voltage causes a horizontal deflection.
Together they form a unique V/I signature that represents the overall health of the device under test.
Key features of the new Tracker 2800 and 2800S:
- Colour touch screen for control of selected features such as DC Voltage Source control, pin selection (2800S) and Channel A/B alternating rate
- Display provides a very fast screen refresh rate for quick screening of component pins
- Enhanced range selections complement the Huntron Tracker Model 30 ranges as well as provide expanded test coverage
- Huntron SigAssist feature in the software calculates and displays numeric information based on the range selection and parameters
- Values displayed are resistance (in ohms), capacitance (in farads), power (in watts), and forward and reverse breakdown voltage (in volts)
- Low test voltage ranges of the Tracker 2800 make it an ideal troubleshooting tool for portable electronic devices using 3 volt or lower logic circuits
- Built-in DC voltage source in both versions can be used to power gated devices such as TRIACs, SCRs and relays
- Quick scans of multi-pin devices with the Tracker 2800S (up to 40 pins per channel)
- Tracker 2800S saves time when compared to testing with hand probes