Featuring the significant processing and graphics capabilities of the new Intel Core i7 processor, the bCOM6-L1400 COM Express modules can support multiple independent displays in a wide variety of commercial, industrial, transportation and defence applications in a broad range of embedded computing environments.
The COM Express architecture allows simple and cost-effective upgrade of the processor alone by separating the carrier card from the processor, extending the useful life of the subsystem and ensuring that performance keeps pace with changing needs while reducing long term cost of ownership.
The COM Express architecture is also ideal for OEMs looking to reduce developments costs as well as minimise risk and time to market with the excellent performance, exceptional flexibility and remarkable robustness of the module.
The new COM Express modules complement GE Intelligent Platforms’ extensive portfolio of rugged embedded computing solutions that includes single board computers, multiprocessors, Ethernet switches, displays and networking.
Key features of GE’s bCOM6-L1400 COM Express modules:
- Choice of dual-core or quad-core processor for maximum flexibility
- Can be confidently deployed in harsh and challenging environments exposed to extremes of temperature, vibration, shock and contaminants
- Processor and memory soldered to the board for high resistance to external forces
- Extended mechanical construction protects the module
- Optional conformal coating provides even greater resistance to moisture, dust, chemicals and temperature extremes
- Sophisticated dynamic thermal management optimises uptime and prevents damage
- Graphics capabilities include VGA, LVDS with dual channel support and SDVO/TMDS/Display Port over DDI
- Up to 8GBytes of DDR3 memory, Gigabit Ethernet and four SATA interfaces
- Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
- Eight USB 2.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports for optimum connectivity
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .