GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the EC12, a new range of 6U CompactPCI single board computers designed for embedded computing environments that require entry and mid-level performance.
The new 6U CPCI SBCs address customer needs for entry to mid-level embedded computing solutions, providing an upgrade path for existing 6U CPCI SBC users.
The price/performance of the EC12 single board computers supports customers wanting to migrate to a new CPU generation by delivering the required levels of capability, functionality and robustness with a smooth migration path.
Key features of the EC12 single board computers:
- Uses Intel Celeron 1.86MHz processor and 2 GBytes of DDR3 memory to host a broad range of applications
- Extensive connectivity provided through 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 5 USB ports, dual VGA and DVI outputs for displays, 3 COM ports and 4 SATA disk drive interfaces
- Board support packages for Windows, Linux and VxWorks provided
- Specifically designed to provide robust operation
- Soldered memory and an optional solid state disk drive for improved reliability
- Option of backing up the on-board BIOS to maximise uptime
- High performance XMC or PMC slot allows users to expand the EC12’s functionality in line with specific application requirements