GE Intelligent Platforms expands its range of embedded computing solutions with the introduction of two new rugged single board computers based on the latest Intel processor technology.
Incorporating 2nd generation Intel Core i7 ‘Sandy Bridge’ processors, the XCR14 6U CompactPCI and XVR14 6U VME platforms join the previously-announced SBC324 3U VPX and SBC624 6U VPX single board computers, bringing superior processor technology and leading edge performance to its customers.
The two new single board computers (SBCs) are built to meet challenging applications in industry and telecommunications, and especially for defence and aerospace applications beyond command and control such as signal processing in intelligence/surveillance/ reconnaissance (ISR) and radar/sonar.
Key features of the XCR14 and XVR14 single board computers:
- Choice of dual- or quad-core 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processors operating at up to 2.5GHz
- Offers a range of four performance/watt options, and up to 16GBytes of soldered DDR3 SDRAM with ECC
- Sophisticated inbuilt graphics capability and Intel’s AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions) technology
- Benefit from GE’s extensive ecosystem of CompactPCI and VME hardware and software, easing the development and integration of complete systems
- Long term program support through GE’s product lifecycle management (PLM) services
- New embedded computing platforms provide an optimum upgrade path/technology insertion opportunity to maximise the value of customer investments
- Pin-compatible with predecessor models CR12 and VR12
- Available in five build levels including air- and conduction-cooled models
- Comprehensive range of onboard I/O features including four Gigabit Ethernet ports, five USB 2.0 ports, two DVI ports, VGA, audio and two COM ports
- Two on-board mezzanine expansion sites capable of enhanced system flexibility
- Supports SATA ports
- Comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus operating system support for Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux and VxWorks
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .