The latest AXIS version is designed to speed up and simplify the development of complex, sophisticated military/aerospace applications such as digital signal processing (DSP), radar, sonar, SIGINT and sensor processing, reducing program risk, effort and expense and shortening time to market.
AXIS is a key element in GE’s High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) offering, enabling fast prototyping to maximise the effectiveness of internal research and development (IRAD) efforts. Its support for the VSIPL open standard API allows straightforward code portability from one CPU generation to the next, improving long term cost of ownership. Support for VSIPL++ is also available.
GE’s AXIS development environment addresses the increasing pressure on military developers to minimise cost and time-to-market for a broad range of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance applications by enabling these high performance applications to be developed, debugged and delivered in the shortest possible time. GE’s High Performance Embedded Computing hardware and software combine to provide a highly integrated solution that also offers customers optimum support.
AXIS comprises of three primary modules:
- AXISView is an integrated GUI for task level application development
- AXISFlow provides a high performance interprocessor communication library for low latency, high throughput data movement between tasks across multiple hardware elements
- AXISLib includes optimised DSP and math libraries with standard VSIPL APIs targeted at the latest Intel, NVIDIA CUDA and Power Architecture platforms.
- Supports GE’s DSP280 multiprocessor DSP platform
- Supports SBC624 and SBC324 6U and 3U OpenVPX single board computers based on Intel Core i7 processors
- Supports GE multicore/multithreading hardware platforms based on Power Architecture and NVIDIA CUDA
- Supports RDMA based high performance interconnects including RoCE and InfiniBand
- Improved Linux functionality delivers a more familiar, superior Linux experience
- Support for GE’s BCS (Background Condition Screening)
- Improved Windows capabilities