Designed to reduce program risk, cost and time-to market, GE’s CRS family now comprises of eight packaged, pre-validated, ready-to-run rugged data/processing control computer systems for a broad range of military and commercial applications.
GE’s COTS Rugged Systems find use in civilian and military unmanned vehicles, manned commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, over- and underwater research vessels, ground vehicles, locomotives and oil and gas applications.
The new addition is the application-ready CRS-C2I-3VB1, which includes a single board computer featuring a 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 processor housed in a rugged, base-plate cooled 2-slot 3U VPX chassis with MIL-DTL-38999 connectors. Solid state storage is optionally available.
Other members of GE’s COTS Rugged Systems family offer a range of choices using the 3U VPX and CompactPCI architecture in 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-slot chassis and featuring processors from Intel and Freescale.
GE’s range of COTS Rugged Systems helps customers by eliminating costly NRE investment, the arduous task of selecting, integrating and testing off-the-shelf boards and the complexities of dealing with multiple points of support, all adding up to a solution that is not only less costly, but also carries minimal risk and can be delivered more quickly, therefore shortening the time to revenue.
Program risk and cost is further minimised by GE’s program management competencies, together with extensive experience and expertise in the AS9100-compliant analysis, design, manufacturing and testing of systems in accordance with the relevant MIL and industry standards such as MIL-STD-810, 704, 461, and DO-160.
Key features of GE’s CRS-C2I-3VB1 system:
- I/O capabilities include Ethernet, serial, USB, MIL-STD-153, CANbus and VGA
- Extensive I/O capabilities deliver significant flexibility in an off-the-shelf system
- Assured high performance through the combination of a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and VPX technology
- Can be used for both application development and application deployment
- Minimised program risk and cost through GE’s program management competencies
- Software development cycle time minimised through Board Support Packages (BSPs) and drivers
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .