GE’s new pre-engineered solution combines deep technology, domain expertise and services capabilities required to support a company’s complete wellhead control systems from production wellhead and pipeline to tank farm terminal applications.
The production wellhead solution withstands harsh environmental challenges and survives temperature extremes from the desert heat of the Arabian Peninsula to the Arctic cold of Siberian oil fields.
Companies in the oil and gas industry seek safe reliable solutions that increase the performance of critical assets, minimise implementation time and production risk, and reduce total cost of ownership, to enable them to respond to increased energy demand, regulatory compliance requirements, and infrastructure maintenance costs.
The unique combination of integrated control and safety, environmental ruggedness and low power consumption makes this wellhead control solution ideal for E&P operators to increase production uptime and asset performance while lowering total cost of ownership. Increased uptime and productivity in both new and existing fields with reduced capital and operational expenditures to increase ROI can deliver a strategic competitive advantage.
Key features of GE’s production wellhead solution:
- Integrated logic control and safety functions enable single point consolidation of fire and gas detection as well as emergency shutdown of the wellhead
- Enables rapid implementation from discovery to start-up, helping operators achieve faster recovery of oil and gas
- Leverages GE core control system technologies to ensure uptime in harsh conditions
- Robust, hardened RTU platform can be mounted in extreme environments
- Advanced monitoring provides real-time data for real-time decisions to facilitate performance metrics
- Safety diagnostics provides system validation and security
- TUV SIL2 certified integrated safety and control for production wellhead ESD and F&G applications
- Integrated intrinsic safety for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas eases regulatory compliance and system maintenance
- Less than 5 watts of power consumption per controller reduces battery and solar panel infrastructure installation and maintenance costs
- 50% faster deployment via standardised production wellhead logic and graphics
- 35% reduction in engineering costs for expansions
- Maximised production with 65% reduction in field service cycle times compared to traditional deployments
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .