Designed to save valuable space, weight and power, the new avionics module delivers greater cost-effectiveness and higher reliability in avionics labs, simulators and embedded applications.
Featuring both MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429 protocols on a single XMC form factor board, the RAR15-XMC meets the needs of customers who demand greater functional density to meet challenging space, weight and power constraints on today’s airborne platforms.
One of several custom developments undertaken on behalf of major prime contractors and systems integrators, the RAR15-XMC multi-protocol embeddable avionics module is now available as a standard off-the-shelf product.
Key features of RAR15-XMC embeddable avionics modules:
- Advanced API software for Windows 7, Vista, XP (32- and 64-bit), Linux, INTEGRITY, and VxWorks to reduce application development time
- 8 Mbytes of RAM and 64-bit message time tagging
- Extensive BC and RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses, plus advanced BC functionality
- Superior error detection and 100% monitoring of fully loaded buses
- Four dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II channels, ten ARINC 429 receive channels and eight ARINC 429 transmit channels
- On-board firmware and large data buffers plus advanced API contribute to very high flexibility in monitoring and generating ARINC bus traffic
- Simultaneous Scheduled and Burst Mode (FIFO) messaging supported on all ARINC 429 transmit channels
- Each ARINC 429 receive channel provides simultaneous dedicated and buffered mode storage, along with label/SDI filtering
- Conduction cooled and conformal coating provided as standard with optional extended temperature capability, allowing deployment in harsh environments