GE Intelligent Platforms expands their range of COTS rugged systems designed for deployment in harsh environments.
Prime contractors and integrators are under increasing pressure to reduce risk, costs and time-to-market. GE’s preconfigured and pre-tested systems provide the flexibility of in-house development with the proven availability, cost-effectiveness, reliability and roadmap of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.
The GE COTS rugged systems are ideal for businesses looking to minimise development time and cost while eliminating program risk.
The new 4-slot COTS rugged systems are designed for deployment in demanding control applications such as civilian and military UAVs, manned commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, over- and underwater research vessels, ground vehicles and locomotives.
The new range of pre-validated, application-ready COTS rugged systems is now added to the previously announced 2-slot and 3-slot rugged CompactPCI systems featuring Intel processor technology and 2-slot and 3-slot PowerPC-based rugged CompactPCI systems.
GE’s COTS rugged systems have been integrated and tested, and Board Support Packages (BSP) and drivers can be provided to ease application integration and reduce software development time.
A broad range of I/O capabilities can be configured including Ethernet, USB, serial, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, DAC, ADC, discrete, VGA and CANbus. A 64GByte SSD SATA storage device is also optionally available.
Key features of GE’s new 4-slot COTS rugged systems:
- 4-slot system gives greater configuration flexibility to the COTS rugged systems
- Utilises conduction-cooled boards and are housed in a rugged convection-cooled chassis
- Available with processors from Intel or Freescale
- At least 25 standard configurations for greater customer choice
- Standard qualification tests such as MIL-STD-810 and 704 allow customer projects to more rapidly achieve a high Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
- Allows shortened lead times, minimises expensive NRE and reduces risk associated with the attempt to integrate piece parts from multiple sources
- Broad range of I/O capabilities can be configured