GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the latest version of Proficy Troubleshooter and Proficy Cause+ Version 5.0.
Proficy Troubleshooter and Cause+ 5.0 from GE Intelligent Platforms drive operational improvements with a new Proficy SOA integration and data preparation engine enabling the ‘Intelligent Historian’ solution.
The solution enables an intelligent form of causal analysis, proactive alarming and decision support so users can react faster and/or correct issues before a problem occurs.
Troubleshooter and Cause+ utilise leading-edge technology to deliver powerful analytical abilities to transform data into actionable information resulting in reduced downtime, waste and re-work as well as improved OEE, quality, throughput and visibility into operations.
Key features of the Proficy Troubleshooter/ Cause+ solution:
- Value-added product to Proficy Historian, enabling the user to obtain more value using multivariate analysis on historical data
- Enables companies to look at historical data, determine causes of variation, put active intelligent monitoring in place and trigger operational workflows (with v5.0)
- Users can dramatically improve efficiency operations by coupling large amounts of operational data currently available in their facilities with automatic intelligence
- Can be combined with HMI/SCADA systems by providing likely causes for problems in real time and notifying floor personnel of impending process issues
- Facilitates reduced implementation costs and training time
- Improves speed of data preparation while maintaining backwards compatibility with previous versions
With the addition of Proficy SOA integration in v5.0, companies can realise reduced implementation and long-term support cost benefits for small and large projects.
Cause+ v5.0 offers a data preparation engine that allows users to prepare the data, define data recipes and invoke pre-built operations that ultimately increase the quality of incoming data faster than manual operations.
This engine saves setup time, reduces the learning curve for new users and provides quality data prior to the analysis being performed, leading to faster and more reliable intelligence.
Proficy Troubleshooter and Cause+ coupled with Proficy Historian enable fast-tracking of continuous improvement and Six Sigma project cycles by facilitating the troubleshooting process for increased quality as well as reduction of material and energy usage through better understanding of their process.
Cause+ v5.0 features an Excel add-in for exporting data to Microsoft Excel and a set of Matlab extensions that deliver the ability to embed Matlab components within Proficy Troubleshooter objects in addition to executing Matlab code within a Troubleshooter component.
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .