GE Intelligent Platforms announces the launch of a new range of rugged flat panel computers designed specifically for deployment and use in harsh and hazardous environments.
The Wolverine III rugged flat panel computers are designed to withstand the rigors of deployment in harsh, hazardous (Hazloc) applications such as oil and gas exploration and drilling where the equipment may be exposed to salt, spray, dust, shock, vibration and temperature extremes.
Representing a complete redesign of the predecessor model, Wolverine III rugged flat panel computers are used for data gathering and control or operation of sophisticated equipment. Featuring GE-patented technology, the flat panel computers deliver significantly higher performance, reliability and maintainability while weighing substantially less.
Wolverine III rugged flat panel computers address the fundamental requirements of professionals working in hazardous, harsh locations such as oil platforms who demand rugged reliability and ease of maintenance of equipment. The equipment is also easy to service to make it operational again in a minimum amount of time.
Key features of Wolverine III rugged flat panel computers:
- Resistive 38cm antiglare, scratch resistant touchscreen readable even in direct sunlight
- Rugged design enables operation in a temperature range of -20ºC to +60ºC as standard
- Can withstand extreme shock and vibration
- Low weight of 10.2kg enables easy installation and convenient transportation
- COM Express module and carrier board computing platform
- Intel Core2 Duo 2.26GHz processor
- 4GBytes of DDR3 memory
- Reduced component and subassembly count, extensive edge connection and 32GByte SSD drive maximise reliability
- Shortens MTTRs by embracing the ATEX Zone 2 concept of user-serviceability
- Highly modular construction makes it easy and quick for customers to repair, minimising downtime
- Onboard system monitoring allows potential failure to be identified for remedial action with minimal operational disruption
- Housed in a NEMA 4 environmentally sealed enclosure with corrosion resistance
- Optional heater allows operational temperature range of -40ºC to +60ºC