GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the bCOM6-L1200 rugged type 6 COM Express modules based on their extensive experience in developing rugged solutions for military applications.
Delivering excellent immunity to shock, vibration and temperature extremes, the bCOM6-L1200 is ideal for OEMs designing computing platforms for equipment to function in industrial or harsh environments, helping them to reduce the overall design cycle and lower validation costs.
The COM Express architecture is uniquely attractive for many applications because of its performance modularity, flexibility, longevity and investment protection with the bCOM6-L1200 implementation bringing these benefits to customers who also need a solution that can withstand deployment in hostile environments.
With the separation of the carrier card from the processor, the bCOB6-L1200's COM Express architecture extends the useful life of the sub system by allowing simple, cost-effective upgrade of the processor alone, reducing long term cost of ownership while ensuring the performance keeps pace with changing needs.
bCOM6-L1200 rugged type 6 COM Express modules feature on-board components specifically selected for their reliability in demanding conditions. To ensure maximum resistance to shock and vibration, the processor and memory are soldered to the board.
Extended mechanical construction protects the module, which is designed for optional coating for even greater resistance to moisture, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes. The bCOM6-L1200 also takes advantage of GE's expertise in the optimisation of thermal performance.
For systems integrators looking for solutions that deliver high performance coupled with low power consumption, the bCOM6-L1200 type 6 COM Express modules offer a range of five VIA Nano and VIA Eden processor options, with performance between 800MHz and 1.2GHz (x2) and power consumption between 3.5W and 13.0W.
Up to 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM can be configured, allowing some of the most demanding applications to be deployed.
Systems integrators looking to create unique, high value added solutions also have the flexibility to have their own carrier card configurations developed, or receive custom carrier variants on request.
Key features of bCOM6-L1200 type 6 COM Express module:
- Provides a Gigabit Ethernet port supporting transmissions of 10 and 100/1000 Mbits/second
- Eight USB 2.0 ports, two serial ATA interfaces with RAID 0 and 1 or port multiplier support
- SATA interfaces ready for SATAII drives
- Integrated analogue CRT and LVDS and two or three DDI ports for superior graphic performance
- I/O functionality provided through three PCI Express x 1 lanes or 1 x 2+ 1 x 1 lane, or a wide PCI Express x 8/ x 4 port
- x 8/ x 4 port used in applications where high end graphic and video capabilities are required
- Audio port and GPIO or SD-Card interface help achieve a wide range of multimedia implementations