GE Intelligent Platforms introduces a new range of rugged secure routers designed for harsh environments such as military, aerospace, industrial automation, gas and oil as well as any place where data security is critical.
The RTR8GE routers are a range of commercial off the shelf (COTS) rugged and security-focused network routers featuring the comprehensive field-tested Junos operating system for Juniper Networks.
Battle-ready and featuring a small footprint with low weight and low power requirement, RTR8GE routers deliver very high performance to enable communications on the move.
GE’s relationship with Juniper Networks allows them to take advantage of the Junos operating systems and Juniper Networks' industry leading secure networking technologies in the development of purpose-built, rugged battlefield networking solutions.
Its firewall, intrusion prevention and detection capabilities in addition to extensive quality of service (QoS) enable secure IPv4/IPv6 connectivity for military vehicles, aircraft and forward operating bases supporting net-centric operations as well as applications in harsh environments such as industrial automation and oil and gas.
Key features of RTR8GE secure routers:
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports integrated in a SWap-optimised enclosure meet demanding military/ aerospace application requirements
- Supports radio-aware router protocols monitoring network efficiency and available bandwidth
- Traffic flow is regulated choosing the most efficient network route in mobile, ad-hoc battlefield network environments
- Anti-tamper protection and information-assurance technologies safeguard data
- Integrated firewall and intrusion detection system ensures the network is always up and securely running
- Additional capabilities include IPsec, VPN, user authentication and access control, network address translation, and QoS
- MIL-D38999 Series 3 connectors for the Ethernet ports, serial connection and power