The new 3274A series of miniature, low profile, IEPE piezoelectric accelerometers from Dytran Instruments, Inc. is designed to mount in spaces typically inaccessible to other types of accelerometers.
The miniature accelerometers are available in three different models with sensitivities of 5 mV/g, 10 mV/g and 25 mV/g.
The 3274A series accelerometers find use in environmental stress screening (ESS), modal analysis, product response testing and high frequency vibration measurement applications.
The piezoelectric accelerometers utilise the IEEE 1451.4 Transducer Electronic Data Sheets (TEDS) function that allows the user to query individual sensors within a large array of sensors during a field test using a TEDS compatible signal conditioner/ data acquisition system.
Key features of the 3274A series accelerometers:
- Shear sensing element packaged in a lightweight, teardrop titanium housing
- Ideal for the measurement of shock and vibration of very small, lightweight objects such as PCBs and board-mounted components
- Designed for adhesive mount
- Upper frequency response of 10,000 Hz
- Overall height of just 0.24 inches and weighs 2 grams
- Low mass and high crystal stiffness enable units to have a resonant frequency of >40 kHz, allowing high frequency vibration measurement with very little error
- Utilises IEEE 1451.4 Transducer Electronic Data Sheets (TEDS) function
- Specially designed 3-56 coaxial connector mates with a field-replaceable coaxial cable and terminates to a 10-32 jack
- Hermetically sealed for reliable operation in high-humidity and dirty environments
- Case isolated to avoid EMI/ground loop interference
Dytran Instruments, Inc. is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .