Acromag’s new ACEX4405 is a rugged and full-featured range of carrier boards designed for COM Express modules, offering a wide assortment of peripheral I/O connections and a mini PCIe slot for production or prototype systems.
COM Express is an embedded computing standard that offers a cost-effective solution to balance size, performance, I/O, thermal, and scalability. The extremely flexible architecture allows users to select from a vast offering of processor modules and pair them with a carrier card that meets their application’s I/O requirements.
Advantages such as rapid deployment and long-term viability through the use of interchangeable components make COM Express very appealing to the defence, aerospace, industrial automation, transportation, and medical markets.
Ideal for quick prototype or proof-of-concept designs, the ACEX4405 carrier card also provides an extra degree of ruggedness for production systems and OEM applications. With support for a broad range of I/O and communication interfaces, the off-the-shelf carrier card can help to greatly reduce the time to design a semi-custom COM Express computer.
Key features of Acromag’s ACEX4405 carrier cards:
- Hosts Type 2 or Type 3 COM Express modules in a small footprint of only 95mm x 125mm
- Suits extreme applications with an extra rigid PCB and extended temperature support
- Dual ports for Gigabit Ethernet, RS232/422, and USB
- Mini PCIe slot adds further flexibility for expanded, high-speed I/O capabilities
- Locking and latching connectors prevent shock or vibration from loosening cables
- Dual SATA connectors, audio, and VGA video interfaces
- Standard ATX power connector with LEDs for power and status indication
- Optional fan power interface for additional cooling
- Scalable data storage accommodated by a CompactFlash socket with ejector
- LVDS ports available for LCD panel display and LCD backlight control
Acromag is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .