Acromag presents IntelliPack signal conditioners designed to simplify temperature, flow level and alarm computation tasks without any need for programming.
Acromag’s IntelliPack transmitters, alarms and math modules are easily configured for integrator, totaliser, characterizer, comparator, and limit monitoring applications without burdening the PC, PLC or DCS with additional signal processing calculations.
Featuring a configurable internal microcontroller, Acromag's IntelliPack signal conditioners can independently apply mathematical and analytical functions to inputs for pre-processed outputs.
Software-configured via USB or a serial port using easy setup screens, Acromag's IntelliPack signal conditioners do not require programming. All the user has to do is simply select the desired settings from a list or enter application values to define linearization curves, sample rates, and relay trip points.
One can enter equations as in a spreadsheet formula to calculate output based on arithmetic, logarithmic, exponential, conditional, and other relationships. Software simulation lets the user test equations offline for output response to varied conditions.
Key functions performed by Acromag's IntelliPack signal conditioners:
- Scales and totals multiple 4-20mA flow sensor signals
- Converts a level signal to a proportional volume signal
- Transmits a signal representing the average or ratio of two flow lines
- Applies a transfer function where output is defined by an equation or curve
- Controls relays with window/band-pass, deviation, and rate-of-change limits
- Detects peak and valley signal values and holds an alarm state
- Outputs a pulse signal to calculate flow, volume, weight or power
- Applies pulse-width modulation or holds the output value from a critical event