The recently introduced 6980G-HD video inserters by Instrumentation Technology Systems (ITS) are SD/HD-SDI video inserters designed from the ground up to meet the unique needs of instrumentation and analysis.
ITS 6980G-HD video inserters can auto detect and insert user authored information into 480i, 720p, 1080i or 1080p video at NTSC and PAL frame/field rates in accordance with SMPTE 259M/292M/494M as appropriate.
The 6980G-HD video inserters can generate time stamps within 10 microseconds of the vertical sync of each field (interlace) or frame (progressive) of the incoming video in a user selectable colour anywhere on the video image.
The 6980G-HD can also record time stamps to 1 microsecond resolution in the VANC metadata of the SDI stream. The time stamp is formatted in compliance with STANAG 4609 allowing any recording device or decoding device compliant with this NATO standard to read and report time stamps field by field or frame by frame as desired.
Key features of ITS 6980G-HD video inserters:
- Generates time stamps within 10 microseconds of the vertical sync of each field or frame of incoming video
- Inserts time stamps in a user selectable colour anywhere on the video image
- Records time stamps to 1 microsecond resolution in the VANC metadata of the SDI stream
- Functions as a STANAG 4609 metadata decoder, inserting time stamps pre-stored in the VANC as it passes through the system into the video
- Up to 3,200 printable text characters (1080i or p) can be placed anywhere on the video in a range of colours
- Predefined boresight reticals and crosshair/box graphics can be placed anywhere in the active video in different colours
- Internal GPS 12-channel receiver synchronises time to within 30 nanoseconds of the UTC
- Also accepts an external IRIG B source for time synchronisation
- Can be remotely controlled via a 10/100 BaseT Ethernet I/O or an RS232 serial port at user selectable baud rates
- Front panel controls and a full keyboard supplied with the unit for local control and programming