Versatile shelving systems available from Metalsistem Australia can help cash-strapped Australian manufacturers manage their inventory efficiently and fully utilise valuable floor space in the factory.
Long-span pallet racking systems are considered highly cost-effective for factories but new advances in the design, engineering and material technology of racking solutions are bringing new choices for customers.
According to Metalsistem Australia director Ms. Oshi Kirk, many companies over-specify and spend more money than they need to on their racking, when lower-cost options can provide a better and more versatile way of achieving their desired storage solutions.
She explains that the right shelving system should not only take care of today’s storage requirements but also be adaptable and versatile enough to tackle tomorrow’s business expansion, be it in the retail, commercial or industrial market sector.
For instance, pallet racking may not always be necessary if a manual stock picking process is in place, in which case a better alternative would be to place stock into a shelving system that can later be adapted and integrated into a mezzanine or multi-tiered system.
This method facilitates the capability of warehouses to handle increased stock levels in tandem with the growth of the company.
The Unirack and Super 456 shelving systems in the Metalsistem range are designed to meet the needs of a light to medium-duty storage requirement, primarily for a manual handling operation.
Key features of Unirack and Super 456 shelving systems:
- Modular and boltless systems
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Flexibility allows integration into a multi-tiered installation or to a raised floor area to meet increased space requirements
- Wide choice of accessories to store different shaped items
- Designed to a load-bearing specification of up to 600kg each to allow heavy duty product storage
- Eliminates the need to purchase costly pallet racking for very heavy products