Three models are available in the new range of portable appliance testers, with all varieties delivering fast testing, easy operation and all day useability.
PAT410 appliance testers provide a low profile solution that eschews the added weight required for high current bond testing, while still maintaining a database capacity for up to 10,000 test results.
The PAT420 model provides the same extensive memory and downloading capability, and has the added features of 10A and 25A earth bond testing.
PAT450 portable appliance testers are the top of the range, incorporating all of the features of PAT420 models while also including 1.5kV and 3kV flash testing.
Accessories supplied with all models include:
- a combined earth-bond and insulation test lead
- an adaptor for testing 230V extension leads
- a laptop power supply adaptor; and
- a carry-case for convenient product and lead storage.
Data can be downloaded from the PAT400 series via USB to a standard USB memory stick, while the on-board 10,000 record memory ensures interruption-free testing for improved efficiency.
A large QWERTY keypad allows for fast data entry, with all data recorded directly compatible with Megger’s PowerSuite software.
In addition, each of these portable appliance testers has the option of a barcode scanner and a thermal transfer barcode label printer operating directly from the USB port. Thermal transfer labels are highly resistant, stable and easily available.
PAT420 and PAT450 appliance testers also feature high current bond test capabilities for complete industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Tests available in the PAT400 range of portable appliance testers include:
- 250V and 500V insulation tests
- 200mA, 10A and 25A earth bond tests
- differential, touch and alternative (substitute) leakage tests
- operational VA tests; and
- RCD trip-tests for portable RCDs, anti-surge and RCD protected extension leads and power cords.