OTS80PB and OTS60PB Portable Oil Test Sets from Megger
Megger offers the OTS80PB and OTS60PB automatic portable oil test sets designed to perform accurate breakdown voltage tests on mineral, ester and silicon insulating liquids.
Breakdown voltage tests can indicate the presence of contaminants in the oil.
A key advantage of these portable oil test sets is that the moulded test vessels give repeatable results in the field and laboratory with lock-in precision electrode gap setting adjustment wheels.
Megger’s portable 60 kV and 80 kV oil test sets are some of the lightest on the market ranging from 16kg to 23.5kg depending on model and configuration.
These oil test sets come complete with optional carry bag and transport case, and the carry bag features pouches for various accessories.
Primarily mains powered with optional lead acid or NiMH batteries, the portable oil test sets also come with an internal 12 VDC charger and vehicle adaptor cable as standard with both battery options.
Test standards are preloaded in the instrument and new versions can be uploaded via USB flash drive. Both portable oil test sets support the creation of user-defined custom tests.
Test results are identified either by a serial number or asset ID, and are time and date stamped.
An optional internal printer provides a hard copy of results and the ink-based printout ensures durability at all temperatures. Three USB interfaces support PC connection, USB flash drive, external USB printer and barcode scanner functions.
Key features of OTS80PB and OTS60PB portable oil test sets:
- Lightweight, rugged and portable design
- Designed for measuring insulating oil breakdown voltage
- Bright 3.5-inch colour display offers visibility outdoors for field measurement
- Suitable for mineral, ester and silicon oils
- Trip detection circuit with direct measurement of voltage and current
- Independent and dual redundant high voltage cut-off circuitry to ensure safety
- Transparent lid provides ample visibility within the chamber and is electrically shielded by a screen with multiple links to instrument ground
- Tests voltages up to 60 kV or 80 kV
- Automatic oil temperature measurement
- Easy-clean chamber with oil drain
- Intuitive user interface supports fully automatic operation with preloaded international test standards and user configurable test sequences
Reliable operation of oil-filled electrical equipment can be ensured through monitoring and maintenance of oil quality. Codes of practice have been established in many countries that include several different types of tests on insulating oils.
The breakdown voltage test is one of the fundamental tests of oil quality, and a measure of the oil’s ability to withstand electric stress. A low breakdown voltage can indicate the presence of contaminants such as water or conducting particles in the oil.