Specifically designed for service, industrial and power utility companies, MPP1000 pinpoints faults in shielded and direct buried primary cables via a single or dual probe.
A single probe version can be easily upgraded at any time by purchasing a second probe.
The MPP1000 stand-alone unit (without probes) measures electromagnetic surge and supplies the amplitude of that surge which aids in finding the fault.
Overall, the versions can successfully detect both the electromagnetic and acoustic pulses emitted from an arcing fault when it is surged. They can also be used with any Megger PFL Power Cable Fault Locating system/surge generator or other supplier.
- Cable fault distance and direction via single or dual detection configuration
- Rugged, compact weather resistant housing
- Ambient noise reduction headphones
- Easy, trouble-free probe connection with a detachable cable system
- Fault detection up to 50 ft (15 m approximately) away and extended battery life
- Ballistic pulse scale provides thump magnitude and surge period
- Background interference elimination via selectable acoustic frequency band.