Featuring a compact, robust and lightweight construction, Megger PAM400 series phase angle meters offer a convenient and cost-effective solution for a wide range of applications including checking polyphase metering installations, testing protective relays, comparative testing in electrical substations and verifying phase angle deviation on power transformers.
The robust construction ensures long life for the electrical test equipment even in tough operating conditions.
The PAM400 range of phase angle meters includes two models, the PAM410 and the PAM420. The phase meters have a CAT III 500 V/CAT IV 300 V safety rating, except for the timer inputs on the PAM420, which are rated at CAT II 250 V. Both models are also supplied complete with a carrying case and test lead set along with an additional mains operated battery charger for the PAM420 model.
Key features of PAM410 phase angle meters:
- Accurately and quickly measures phase angle between two voltages, two currents or between one current and one voltage
- Voltages up to 500 V and currents up to 25 A can be connected directly to the instrument
- Current range can be readily extended by using external current transformers
- Displays phase angle directly with a resolution of 0.1º
- No calculation or interpolation needed
- Phase angle measurement functionality identical to that of PAM410
- Additional facilities for two-channel voltage, current and frequency measurement
- High-accuracy timing function that can be triggered by voltage signals or volt-free contacts
- Measures times up to 999.999 s with a resolution of 1 ms
- Built-in rechargeable battery enables use in any location