The DC circuit breaker test sets incorporate a variable high current DC output, control circuitry, instrumentation as well as overload and short-circuit protection.
Designed to test low-voltage DC circuit breakers with DC current, Model CB-360-DC DC circuit breaker test sets are capable of calibrating and functionally testing the time-delay characteristics of electromechanical or thermal-magnetic trip devices on DC circuit breakers.
The DC circuit breaker test sets accomplish the task by simulating an overload or fault condition on the circuit breaker.
Key features of Model CB-360-DC DC circuit breaker test sets:
- Specially designed solid-state digital timer measures elapsed time of the test in seconds or cycles
- Features extensive shielding and noise-suppression circuitry to ensure accurate and reliable operation under demanding field conditions
- Accuracy of the timer is independent of the power-line frequency
Timer control circuit
- Automatically starts the timer when the output is energised
- Automatically stops the timer and de-energises the output when the device under test is operating
- Accommodates various test conditions by simple switch selection of the appropriate mode
- Current actuated mode is used to test a device that has no auxiliary contacts to monitor, such as a single-pole circuit breaker
- Normally closed mode is used to test a device with normally closed contacts
- Normally open mode is used to test a device with normally open contacts
- Permits direct connection of many types of drawout-style circuit breakers to the test set
- Test set is quipped with a stab adapter board and Model CBS-1 and Model CBS-2 stab sets
- Equipped with circuit breakers, overload relays and fuses to protect test sets from extreme or prolonged overloads
- Output section is forced-air cooled and equipped with a temperature-sensitive interlock switch to de-energise the unit in the event of abnormal heating of the rectifiers
- Rugged, two-piece enclosure provided for safety and mobility
- Each section has a low centre of gravity, large locking casters and eye hooks for lifting