Megger introduces a new compact range of handheld time domain reflectometers designed to locate faults on metallic cables.
Megger’s TDR1000/3 time domain reflectometers are designed for user-friendly setup and operation.
Featuring a minimum resolution of 0.1m/0.3 ft and 5km/15 kft maximum range depending on velocity factor and cable type, the new TDR1000/3 time domain reflectometers solve the problem of locating near-end faults in voice and data communications networks.
By using launch pulses with durations as short as 2ns, the TDRs can accurately determine the location of faults that are less than a metre from the point of connection.
The TDR1000/3P model designed for use on low voltage power circuits is also available and comes complete with fused test leads.
Key features of TDR1000/3 time domain reflectometers:
- Auto set up feature automatically determines impedance of the cable under test and sets the instrument accordingly
- Automatically selects optimum gain and pulse width according to the chosen range
- Compact design incorporates a large high-resolution backlit display
- Large display allows easy analysis of traces and accurately positions cursors
- Trace hold function allows comparisons to be readily made between cables
- Designed for use on all metallic cable pairs
- Four output impedances (25 Ω, 50 Ω, 75 Ω or 100 Ω) available
- Velocity factors selectable from 0.2 to 0.99