The new multifunction installation testers from Megger have won the coveted award for Innovative Test and Measurement Product of the Year at this year’s high profile UK Electrical Industry Awards.
Megger’s tester was chosen from a wide range of entries by a panel of independent judges with in-depth knowledge of the electrical industry.
Megger’s MFT1710 multifunction installation testers offer ease and speed of use with intuitive operation. All functions are clearly shown on the front panel for easy understanding.
The digital display is complemented by an analogue arc, which allows many types of tests to be carried out quickly. Two digital readouts on the display include the primary readout showing the main parameter under test and the secondary readout showing information such as the test voltage or current.
Key features of Megger’s MFT1710 multifunction installation testers:
- Earth loop impedance test function
- Two wire testing simplifies connection and makes testing possible at points like light switches where no neutral is available
- Offer both non-tripping tests for RCD-protected circuits, and high-current tests for circuits without RCD protection
- For RCD testing, the new instruments can be used with type A, AC and S RCDs
- Supports standard ramp test and a new pass/fail ramp test
- CAT IV 300 V rating in line with IEC 61010
- Built-in protection prevents instrument damage if it is accidentally connected to a live circuit when carrying out insulation or continuity check
The complete Megger range of multifunction installation testers is supplied with calibration certificate, carry case, neck strap and a 3-year warranty.