Megger offers a rugged and handheld range of micro-ohmmeters capable of carrying out tests at currents up to 220A.
The new MOM2 micro-ohmmeters from Megger are designed to measure the resistance of circuit breaker contacts, bus-bar joints and various high-current links.
Featuring a compact and lightweight design, MOM2 micro ohmmeters are a convenient and time-saving alternative in many applications to bulky and more expensive conventional high-current micro-ohmmeters weighing ten times as much.
Operating from rechargeable batteries that give over 2,000 measurements per charge, MOM2 micro-ohmmeters are capable of carrying out a full day’s testing in locations with no mains supply.
Megger’s MOM2 high-current micro-ohmmeters use ultra capacitor technology to achieve their unique combination of size, weight and performance.
In a patent-pending circuit, a capacitor with a value of hundreds of farads is charged from the battery, and then discharged into the circuit under test. Voltage and current in the test circuit are monitored continuously during the discharge, and an average value of resistance is displayed.
Depending on the resistance of the test circuits, a guaranteed minimum test current of 100 A can be achieved for 3 seconds, with higher currents up to 220 A for shorter periods.
Key features of MOM2 micro-ohmmeters:
- Lightweight at only 1kg
- Complies with IEEE and IEC standards
- Up to 220 A test current
- Safe test – DualGround
- Auto range: 1 μΩ to 1000 mΩ
- Stores up to 190 test results for download via a wireless Bluetooth connection
- Robust transport case with two 1.3m test cables fitted with Kelvin probes plus sturdy rubber holster and charger
- MOM2 Win software package for convenient processing and archiving of results
- Optional accessories include test leads up to 15m in length, and Bluetooth kit