Available in a choice of three versions, Megger’s insulation resistance testers are capable of providing accurate measurements up to 10 TΩ for the 5kV versions and 20 TΩ for the 10KV version. Settings are also provided for automatic timed IR tests and more advanced diagnostic tests including PI, DAR, DD, SV and ramp tests.
Megger’s insulation resistance testers range:
- MIT515, an entry level 5KV test set offers insulation resistance (IR), timed insulation resistance [IR(t)], dielectric absorption ratio (DAR) and polarisation index (PI) test modes
- MIT525, also a 5KV unit adds facilities for dielectric discharge (DD), step voltage (SV) and ramp diagnostic testing
- MIT1025 offers the same functions as the MIT525 but in a 10KV unit
All IRTs allow an additional user defined ‘lock’ voltage to be set, which is a specific voltage range to facilitate repetitive measurements to guard against excessive test voltages being applied to sensitive equipment.
Key features of Megger’s insulation resistance testers:
- Equally suitable for mains or battery operation
- User replaceable rechargeable li-ion battery is automatically recharged when connected to a mains supply
- Battery provides up to 6 hours of testing at 5KV and up to 4.5 hours at 10KV on full charge
- Capable of delivering dependable results even in noisy electrical environments with noise levels up to 3mA
- Large LCD with automatic backlight
- Dedicated voltmeter function covers the 30V to 660V range
- CAT IV 600V safety rating
- Supplied as standard with test leads and clips, and a user guide on CD-ROM