The CDAX605 is designed for laboratory, production line or field testing of electrical equipment insulation and insulating materials as well as calibration of CCVTs and other ratio devices.
Traditional bridge methods can only measure and compare capacitive currents. Since calibrated reference capacitors are typically available in the 100 to 1000 pF range, precision measurements on CCVTs and other devices with a high ratio may be difficult to perform.
A capacitance and dissipation factor test set designed for use with an external high-voltage power source/generator and a standard capacitor, the CDAX605 is a precision instrument that employs direct vector measurement for speed and flexibility, utilising an automatic internal calibration procedure with a ratio-arm bridge for high precision over a wide temperature range.
Key features of CDAX605 test instruments:
- Capacitance can be measured with 0.02% accuracy and dissipation factor down to 0.001%
- Input voltage to the device can be measured with a traditional reference capacitor
- Secondary low voltage can be measured with a calibrated resistive divider designed to give appropriate measurement current
- Comes with an easy-to-use GUI designed for both standard PC and touch screen operation
- Can also be remotely operated from any test system software based on C# or LabView