Smaller, lighter and with higher output power than any comparable single-phase protective relay test instrument, Megger’s new SMRT1 smart protective relay test set is ideally suited not only for testing older installations and legacy power plants, but also for meeting future challenges associated with the smart grid.
The SMRT1 smart protective relay test sets are Megger’s 4th generation of automated relay test sets, leveraging the company’s previously patented developments to produce an instrument that offers higher output current, higher output power for both voltage and current outputs, and greater precision than its predecessors, while addressing user demands for reduced size and weight.
The SMRT Power Box is specifically designed to test protective relays that are used in conjunction with CTs having 1 A and 5 A secondaries. It combines the capacity to simulate high current faults with the amplifier precision needed to satisfy some of the most demanding requirements.
Key features of Megger SMRT1 smart protective relay test sets:
- One current output channel, plus one convertible channel that can be configured as voltage or current outputs
- Allows testing of single phase current differential relays
- Also tests harmonic restraint transformer differentials with 2nd, 3rd and 5th harmonic output capability
- Patented design allows high power to be delivered in both voltage and current channels as needed in high-burden applications
- Unique Constant Power Output of the current amplifier produces compliance voltage of 50 V rms at 4 A (200 VA rms), and maintains 200 VA output power up to 30 Amps
- High current output capability with the current amplifier delivering 30 Amps continuous, and up to 75 Amps for short durations for instantaneous overcurrent test applications
- High constant power output also available from the new PowerV voltage amplifier to facilitate panel testing and testing of electromechanical protection relays
- Can be controlled manually with the optional Smart Touch View Interface (STVI)
- Large full-colour high-resolution touch screen on the STVI allows users to perform manual, steady-state and dynamic tests quickly and easily
- Lightweight at just 4kg