Megger introduces a new range of transformer ohmmeters designed specifically to measure the DC resistance of all types of magnetic windings safely, accurately and quickly.
Incorporating advanced test technology and a patented ‘Quick Test’ measurement technique, Megger’s new MTO210 transformer ohmmeters can test rotating machine windings and perform low-current resistance measurements on connections, contacts and control circuits.
The ‘Quick Test’ measurement technique stabilises the measurement current in a very short period of time to significantly reduce test times.
The MTO210 is also ideal for checking the operation of on-load tap changers, a common cause of transformer problems.
The direct 2-channel digital reading is a timesaving feature that allows the resistance of the primary and secondary windings of single phase or 3-phase transformers to be measured simultaneously without the need for time-consuming bridge balancing.
Key features of Megger’s MTO210 transformer ohmmeters:
- Dual channel operation saves time
- Bidirectional current output capabilities allow users to use existing magnetisation in the winding core to aid rapid current stabilisation
- Provides fast, dependable indication of pitted or misaligned contacts when used to check contact resistance of make-before-break tap changes and voltage regulators
- Built-in discharge circuit safely discharges the specimen when test is completed, if lead accidentally disconnects or if power is lost
- Offers facilities for demagnetising winding cores before or after resistance testing is carried out
- Can also be used as a standalone core demagnetiser
- Four user-selectable output current ranges, ranging from 10 mA up to 10 A
- High-contrast large alphanumeric displays can be viewed in bright sunlight
- User-selectable maximum current range ensures protection of small transformers
- Safety interlock circuit provided for users who choose to create an external interlock safety perimeter
- Remote trigger switch provided for testing transformers with tap-changers
- Ruggedised Kelvin clamps with 4-inch jaws are provided, eliminating the need for bushing adapters
- Wide resistance range
- Large LCD display for test results
- Test results can also be stored in the instrument’s internal memory for printing or downloading
- Fully compatible with Megger’s PowerDB Lite software for test result analysis and reporting
- Weighs less than 30 lbs
- Built into a rugged case with a hinged lid and handle for use onsite or in the workshop
Megger MTO210 applications:
- Verify factory test readings
- Part of a regular maintenance program
- Help locate the presence of defects in transformers such as loose connections
- Check the ‘make-before-break’ operation of on-load tap-changers