The EPOCH-II is a high-current output unit available from Megger , designed to be controlled by the PULSAR in combination with the high-current interface module to produce a rugged, portable high-current, high-volt/ampere test set.
EPOCH-II high current output units are also designed to be controlled by the EPOCH-10 relay test sets.
The PULSAR/EPOCH-II or EPOCH-10/EPOCH-II combinations of test sets use microprocessor-based, digitally synthesised sine wave generators and solid-state regulated power amplifiers to provide sinusoidal voltage and current outputs with precise control of the phase-angle relationships.
These test sets will produce accurate test results even with a fluctuating power source or when testing nonlinear or highly saturable relays.
An optional IEEE-488 GPIB interface transforms the EPOCH-10/EPOCH-II combination into a programmable automatic test system when used with an external controller or computer. Amplitude and/or phase angle can be set to desired values, or step changed, ramped and pulsed to new values.
The PULSAR/EPOCH-II or EPOCH-10/EPOCH-II test sets are designed to test complex protective relays requiring phase-shifting capability as well as simpler relays, including all overcurrent relays.
Key features of EPOCH-II high-current output units:
- Rugged, portable test set
- Up to 187 Amperes maximum output
- Output current source has a 5-minute duty cycle rating of 1000 VA
- Four output ranges at 0.01 ampere and two output ranges at 0.1 ampere are provided
- Tough steel, sealed enclosure provides high shock- and vibration resistance
- Completely compatible with PULSAR via the high-current interface module and the EPOCH-10 units