Megger introduces the DELTA4000 Series insulation diagnostic systems designed for condition assessment of electrical insulation in high voltage apparatus such as transformers, bushings, circuit breakers, cables, lightning arresters and rotating machinery.
The DELTA4000 Series is a fully automatic 12 kV insulation power factor/dissipation factor (tan∂) test set that offers user-friendly controls with automatic and manual operation.
Designed to perform insulation power factor tests, DELTA4000 Series insulation diagnostic systems are versatile instruments that can additionally measure the excitation current of transformer windings as well as conduct automatic tip-up tests and HV turns-ratio testing with an optional TTR capacitor.
DELTA4110 test sets are designed for use with an external computer while the DELTA4310 test set comes with an onboard computer.
Key features of DELTA4000 Series insulation diagnostic systems:
- Provides comprehensive AC insulation diagnostic tests
- High power variable frequency design generates its own test signal independent of line frequency quality
- Hardware design uses advanced technology for digital filtering of response signal ensuring reliable results and stable readings even in high interference 765kV substations
- Accurate and repeatable measurement results with high noise suppression in extreme conditions
- Lightweight, rugged two-piece design with unit weights of 14kg and 22kg
- Built-in intelligent temperature correction eliminates the need for temperature correction tables
- Automatic voltage dependence detection
- Operates with PowerDB software for automatic testing and reporting or with Delta Control software for real-time manual testing
- Measurements include voltage, current, power (loss), tan delta, power factor and capacitance
- Test results are automatically stored in the computer and can be downloaded directly to USB storage or printer
- Industry-leading frequency range of 1-500Hz reveals details in insulation characteristics that are not possible to detect with conventional test sets
- Fast test time with dynamic noise suppression minimising actual test time
- Designed for diverse work environments including in the field, in a test van, in a manufacturing facility or in a repair facility
- Tested successfully in extreme conditions such as high temperatures, low temperatures, high elevations, high noise and high humidity
- Simple, intuitive and easy-to-use interface between operator and instrument
- Power transformers
- Distribution transformers
- Instrument transformers
- Rotating machines
- Oil insulation
- Circuit breakers
- Surge arrestors
- Power factor
- Dissipation factor (tan∂)
- Excitation current
- Automatic tip-up
- Watts loss
- Turns ratio