Megger BM80/2 Series multi-voltage insulation and continuity testers offer advanced performance, specification and simplicity of use with insulation test voltages from 50 V to 1000 Vdc. Incorporating the latest electronic design and technology, the insulation testers feature an analogue/digital LCD that combines the benefits of electronic arc analogue indication with unambiguous digital readings.
The multi-voltage insulation and continuity testers find application in electrical installation testing by electrical contractors in domestic and industrial contracting environments. The testing equipment is also useful for service organisations to establish the integrity of internal parts such as motors and transformers.
Advanced users may find the Megger BM80/2 Series efficient in applications involving continuous monitoring of insulation resistance. Low voltage insulation testing capabilities make these instruments ideal for checking delicate components in telecommunications applications.
Key features of Megger BM80/2 Series multi-voltage insulation and continuity testers:
- Multiple insulation test voltages from 50 V to 1000 Vdc (according to model)
- Analogue scale makes rapid identification of insulation condition and monitors variable readings
- 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V insulation ranges have a 1 mA test current at the minimum pass values specified
- BM80/2 and BM81/2 continuity ranges have a short circuit test current of approximately 205 mA for compliance
- Continuity ranges have the facility to null the resistance of the test leads, enabling direct readings of low resistance to be taken
- BM80/2 series has a resistance range measuring up to 100 k½ on the digital scale and up to 10 M½ on the analogue scale
- Low test voltage and current of this range allows use in testing circuits with sensitive equipment connected without causing damage
- Two voltage ranges measure up to 50,0 V and 600 V ac or dc respectively, indicating the presence of negative dc
- Voltage warning provided in these models alerting the user to the presence of external voltage greater than 25 V by displaying the voltage level, even when measuring on insulation and continuity ranges
- Hands-free operation offered as standard on all ranges except the insulation ranges
- Locking and non-locking test buttons are provided with each instrument for user selection
- Optional accessory Switched Test Probe SP1 can be used to enable remote operation of the test button from the negative test probe
- Rugged testing instruments suitable for tool bag treatment
- IP54 environmental protection rating ensures product reliability in wet and dusty conditions
- Designed to IEC 1010-1, VDE0411 and BS4743 safety standards
- Fully complies with the requirements of BS 7671, HD 384 and IEC 364