The ZAP and KBA reverse acting rupture discs, available from Measurement Solutions , utilise knife blades to open the rupture discs as reversal occurs. The rupture discs are differential pressure relief devices that provide instantaneous full opening for protecting equipment, vessels and systems from overpressure conditions.
The ZAP and KBA reverse acting rupture discs have the media pressure acting on the convex side of the rupture disc, placing it in compression. When the burst pressure rating of the rupture disc is reached, the compression loading on the rupture disc causes it to reverse, snaps it through its neutral position and through the knife blades resulting in a full opening.
The reverse acting rupture disc has the following advantages:
- Exceptional burst accuracy
- A zero manufacturing range enabling the rupture disc to operate to 90% of the customer specified rating
- Exceptional cyclic or pulsating service life
- Capability to withstand vacuum conditions
- Enhanced corrosion resistance due to thicker material
- Designed for non-fragmentation, ZAP and KBA rupture discs respond in milliseconds to overpressure situations, allowing them to be used in a variety of applications