Metrix Instrument have introduced the ST5484E loop-powered transmitter, which is available from Measurement Solutions . The ST5484E loop-powered transmitter is suitable for sensing vibration on most plant equipment. This precision case mounted vibration sensor and signal conditioner in a single package is built to provide reliable service.
A two-wire loop signal proportional to velocity is generated for transfer to a programmable logic controller (PLC), distributed control system (DCS) or other 4 to 20mA input devices.
The users need to mount the ST5484E loop-powered transmitter on the machine case, connect the two-wire loop and read and/or record the vibration. The ST5484E loop-powered transmitter is made with IPT technology, which eliminates wiring polarity errors.
The ST5484E loop-powered transmitter has the following features:
- 4 to 20mA proportional to velocity
- Loop terminals w/independent polarity (IPT)
- Prevents incorrect wiring
- Interfaces with PLC, DCS, 4 to 20mA monitors
- Different mounting studs available
- Available with flying leads, terminal blocks or MIL style connectors
- High operating temperature
- Stable detection circuit
- Temperature shock protected
- “Ski slope” problem protected
- Wide frequency range
- Options of high and low pass filters
- Built-in base and housing strain protection
- Low cross axis sensitivity
- Dynamic signal option
The ST5484E loop-powered transmitter has the following applications:
- Motors Pumps