The PointTM RF series point level switch for plugged chute detection is available from Measurement Solutions . It has the following features:
- Automatically recognises and ignores coatings to prevent false alarms
- Universal power supply automatically detects and adjusts to input power source
- Standard and high sensitivity electronics and field selectable
- Detects the presence of plugged materials in chutes
- Retains higher performance
- Less maintenance
- Eliminates costly plugged chutes with Drexelbrook sensors
ThePointTM RF series point level switch detects plugged chutes and keeps the plant running smoothly, eliminating spills that occur due to plugged conditions.
Drexelbrook’s flush-mounted sensors detect the presence or absence of materials flowing through chutes. If process material stops flowing due to a plugged condition, the system will alarm, allowing further action to occur (alerting an operator or shutting down a conveyor belt). This permits the operator to prevent a problem before it happens.
The rugged sensor design of the PointTM RF series point level switch makes it suitable for coal (pulveriser and transfer chutes), wood chips, ores and powders.
Since it is flush mounted through a chute wall, nothing protrudes into the chute to interfere with or to obstruct material flow. Dust coating and/or wall build up does not affect the measurement. Drexelbrook cote-shield circuitry sees through any coating condition and eliminates false plugged chute signals.