Continental Impervious Graphite Rupture Discs, available from Measurement Solutions , are simple and reliable overpressure relief devices that are designed to protect processing systems, truck tanks, storage tanks and closed processing vessels from potential damage caused by an overpressure condition.
Impervious Graphite Rupture Discs, manufactured from a monolithic slab of graphite, are impregnated with a phenolic resin to form an impervious surface. These rupture disc designs are suitable for highly corrosive media applications and for remote installations that require a rupture disc with an extended service life.
Continental Graphite Rupture Discs are available in nominal sizes from 1/2" to 24" (13 to 600mm), pressures from 0,017 to 49,7 barg (0.25 to 720 psig), and temperatures from 4.4°C to 371°C (40°F to 700°F). Every Continental Rupture Disc is subjected to careful quality control.
Each lot of Grafsert, Sealsert or Dualsert Rupture Discs is documented from raw material to shipment, and two or more tests to destruction are performed.
Each Graphite Rupture Disc design also features an attached stainless steel nameplate that extends beyond the flange bolts for maximum visibility and indication of proper installation relative to flow direction.
Continental Graphite Rupture Discs offer the following advantages:
- Flexible operating conditions
- Good for gas or liquid service
- Withstands operating to burst ratio up to 90% in static service
- Corrosion resistant
- Low pressure ratings available in smaller sizes
- Extended service life
- Easy installation between companion flanges
- Separate holder not required
- Vacuum support required only when rating is 25 psig or lower
- Compatible with Continentalís B.D.I. (Burst Disc Indicator) Alarm System