The new EC 40 brushless DC motors available from Maxon Motor Australia are designed to pack high performance in a miniature space without compromising on efficiency and reliability.
The EC 40 brushless DC motors fit 170 watts of power in a Ø40 x 80mm palm-sized housing, and are suitable for applications in industrial environments, logistics equipment, mobile robotics, packaging machinery, power tools and aerospace.
Key features of the EC 40 brushless DC motors:
- Neodymium permanent magnet, stainless steel housing and welded flanges
- Ironless winding offers extra quiet running and high stall torque
- Can be combined with a multitude of components such as encoders or gears
- Permanent magnet brake AB 32 is designed for operating temperatures of -40ºC to +100ºC
- Wide range of compatible controllers from 1-quadrant and 4-quadrant servo amplifiers to programmable positioning controllers
- Very flat speed/torque gradient at about 3.6 rpm/mNm
- Mechanical time constant: 2.1 ms
- Permissible speed: 18,000 rpm
- Efficiency 89%