Designed to deliver user-friendly operation and excellent performance, the ESCON 50/5 is a new range of compact and powerful 4-quadrant PWM servo controllers offering efficient control of permanent-magnet activated brushed DC motors and brushless EC motors up to approximately 250 Watts.
ESCON 50/5 servo controllers offer superior power density in addition to convenience, functionality and protection. Perfectly matched to Maxon's range of motors, the ESCON 50/5 allows dynamic drive solutions that meet high demands.
The ESCON 50/5 has excellent control properties and a very fast digital current controller with an enormous bandwidth for optimal motor current/torque control. The drift-free yet extremely dynamic speed behaviour enables a speed range of 0 to 150,000 rpm. The compact servo controller is controlled by an analogue set value specified via analogue voltage, external or internal potentiometer, fixed value, or by means of a PWM signal with variable duty cycle.
The wide range for input voltage and operating temperature allows a flexible use in almost all drive applications, automation technology, machine manufacturing and equipment engineering as well as in mechatronics.
Offering exceptional efficiency of 95%, the affordable ESCON 50/5 is ideal for mobile, highly efficient yet consumption-optimised applications.
Key features of ESCON 50/5 servo controllers:
- Provides fully configurable digital and analogue inputs and outputs
- Can be run in various operating modes - speed controller (closed loop), speed controller (open loop) and current controller
- Enables or disables the power stage depending on the direction of rotation
- Uses speed ramps for acceleration and deceleration
- Speed can be regulated by digital incremental encoder, DC tacho or with Hall sensors
- Easy startup and user-friendly operation
- When connected to a PC via a USB port, it can easily and efficiently be configured with the GUI «ESCON Studio»
- Automatic procedure for startup and configuration of inputs and outputs for monitoring, data recording, and diagnostics
- Protective circuits against overcurrent, excess temperature, undervoltage and overvoltage, voltage transients and short-circuits in the motor cable
- Equipped with protected digital inputs and outputs and adjustable current limitation to protect motor and load