ADVANCED Sheetmetal Technologies has released a Tecnology Italiana CNC punching machine considered to be the first single-punch machine in the world to allow the threading of workpieces.
The Tecnumerik 30 C.S.M has a 'screw taps' change system with quick pneumatic blocking clutch and control of the threading force according to the size of the tool, in order to avoid any damaging.
Its continuous numerical control is the CNC Tecnocontrol designed and produced by Tecnology Italiana with MS Windows graphic interface. This makes it easy to comprehend. Graphic software CAM CN4 is a basic feature in all versions and all kinds of machines.
Touchscreen operated, the unit has a multitask function allowing programming even during a working phase. It also allows entry of data from networks, floppy disk and CD Rom.
With a C-shaped frame that characterises all Tecnology Italiana's punching machines, the unit is ensured a greater flexibility in use, thus maintaining stability and stiffness in order to obtain an optimised precision.
With the possibility to flip a workpiece on the Y-axis, the Tecnumerik 30 C.S.M allows the working of sheet sizes larger than the working range. Plate references for both axes are located on a single bar in order to allow a precise zero setting and the loading of the metal sheet anywhere along the working field.
Tool change is fast and safe
A magazine with eight housing seats for tools guarantees a quick and sequential mounting. In this way, in case of an accidental mounting of a tool other than the one required, the possibility to continue the program would be denied.
A security system comprises a footboard to stop the functioning of the machine whenever the operator steps on it. For an even faster tool change, a hydraulic H.B.S. System (optional) blocks the tool holders in the machine.
* Four different sets of tool holders: series 15, series 40, series 70 and series 100 allow work on the entire sheet area.
* Nibbling tool with a continuous lubrication system.
* Special tools can be made on request following a customer's drawings (also for special forming and multiple tapping).
* Possible use of special shear tools (whisper tool) exerting a cut similar to shearing, but with less stress, less power and less noise, without affecting the performances. Particularly recommended for thicker material.
* A large connection surface and a stable fixing system allow a better precision during the cutting.
* Tools are compatible with all Tecnology Italiana's punching machines.
* Compensation for reground tools up to 5mm.
Multimatic tool system
* Possibility to house n. 4 series 15 standard tools of any shape.
* Possibility to rotate the tool at 0°, 45° and 90° by using the proper locating notches.
* Automatic multitool magazines change (following the Multimatic model).
* Machining up to (8 mm) of thickness.
* Possible repositioning for working on sheet sizes larger than the operation range on the X axis.
* Possibility to work on sheet edges, bars or plane surfaces, from copper to stainless steel materials.
* Possibility to make any kind of forming (finning, drawing).
A special configuration of the clamps allows the punching of pre-filled components (even on all four sides). This same clamp arrangement allows for the punching of L and U shaped sections.
CAD/CAM capabilities are very high. The optional programming software JETCAM Expert has four different configurations and standard automatic functions including: automatic tool positioning, automatic nesting, complete simulation and automatic repositioning. It is also possible to install a CAD 3D software to design and develop the working of the metal sheet.
Some of the many technical features (for the top of the range Tecnumerik 100 model) are as follows:
Rated power capacity of 300kN, X-axis work range of -40 ÷ 1550mm, Y-axis work range of -40 ÷ 1000mm, X-axis work range with a repositioning is -40 ÷ 3100mm, while maximum punching sequence in relation to the distance between centres of the holes (mm) at Step 3mm is 480 strokes/min, and at Step 25mm it is 310 strokes/min.
Maximum positioning speed on the X-axis is 80m/min, on the Y-axis it is 50m/min and simultaneous axes at 94m/min. Position accuracy is ±0.1mm, maximum punching diameter 100mm, maximum punching and nibbling thickness 8mm, compensation for reground tools 5mm, adjustable stroke length 0 ÷ 20mm, maximum weight of metal sheet during working (150kg), and minimum time for tool change 8 (HBS) sec.
Overall dimensions are 3465mm x 3960mm x 2050mm and weight is 4200kg.