Matthews Australasia released the Viacode L-Series high resolution inkjet printer in Australia at the AUSPACK PLUS show recently.
Matthews’ future-proofed and integrated thermal inkjet coding technology (TIJ) can print up to 480m/min with excellent print quality on both porous and non-porous surfaces, due to optimised drop control.
The next generation of industrial inkjet technology available from Matthews, the Viacode L-Series uses the patented Lexmark delivery system with unique drop-delivery to offer improved reliability, features and performance over existing thermal inkjet technologies.
According to Trent Munro, Matthews’ product manager for all coding technologies, optimised drop control gives the high-speed L-Series inkjet coders exceptional print quality, while the large range of industrial inks makes it suitable for printing on almost any substrate, both porous and non-porous.
The L-Series print-heads have performed in a wide range of challenging packaging and industrial environments.
The system’s scalability enables the Viacode L-Series to keep pace with the manufacturer’s growing coding requirements. For instance, manufacturers can add additional features to meet their changing needs, requiring them to simply invest in the core system once. If the initial need is for a 12mm high font, manufacturers could use the L12 print-head, which codes up to 12.7mm high. When their requirement changes to 20mm, they can use the L25 head, which codes to 25mm high.
Key features of Viacode L-Series thermal ink jet coders:
- Prints up to 480m/minute on porous/ non-porous substrates
- Prints alphanumeric text, barcodes and graphics as well as TrueType fonts, scalable from 1.98mm to 162.56cm
- System can be scaled to meet increasing needs
- Viacode controller manages multiple production lines and print-head groups from a single interface
- Controller has 7”, 12” and 15” touch-screen displays
- EZ Touch user interface allows for simple and intuitive message creation and selection
- Images can be displayed for each production line
- Integrates with Matthews’ own iDSnet enterprise-wide software solutions, for effortless integration with ERP, MRP and WMS systems