Matthews Australasia presents the new Linx TJ725 thermal inkjet coders designed to cut waste, increase production line efficiency and save money.
Launched at the AUSPACK PLUS 2013 recently, the new Linx TJ725 is ready to print straightaway every time and has no ongoing service requirement. A high-resolution digital solution for coding text and graphics onto outer cases, boxes, shelf ready trays and packaging, the TJ725 incorporates Linx’s Simply Smart Technology, according to Matthews’ product manager for coding technologies, Trent Munro.
Supplied ready to install out of the box, Linx TJ725 thermal inkjet coders are simple to fit without assistance from a service engineer or needing any specialist installation tools. Requiring minimal setup, the coder can be up and running within minutes, which will be helpful for manufacturers.
Trent makes a specific mention of the innovative nozzles that are covered and protected when not in use and uncovered automatically when the first product is sensed, so that high quality prints can be produced instantly. The unique nozzle design also means operators don’t have to remove cartridges overnight or on weekends, which is required in conventional thermal inkjet systems.
Key features of Linx TJ725 thermal inkjet coders:
- Innovative slower nozzle-drying process saves money, cuts waste and is ready to print straightaway
- Senses the quantity of ink left and predicts the number of prints remaining to enable operators to keep lines running without interruption
- Operators can easily reposition the print-head without using tools, ensuring correct printing position during product changeovers to save production time
- Simple process of installing a new cartridge takes just seconds
- Machine automatically detects cartridge type fitted, and adjusts for optimum printing performance
- Built-in speed sensor automatically detects both line speed and direction, eliminating the need for a separate encoder
- Touch-screen interface offers ease of use and simple, intuitive configuration for easy message changeover
- Colour screen shows operators clearly the message selected as it will be printed, reducing risk of coding errors
- Prints messages up to 12.5mm high, in a range of fonts and resolutions up to 300dpi
- Line speeds up to 60m/min
- Can code onto porous, semi-porous and non-porous substrates