Exciting new products are coming off the production line overnight at Tucker’s Natural in South Australia helped by the new Linx TT5 thermal transfer overprinter from Matthews Intelligent Identification.
Key advantages of the Linx TT5 thermal transfer overprinter installation:
- Tucker’s Natural can meet new food service labelling requirements
- New products can be created and trialled cost-effectively
- Installation allows Tucker’s Natural to have flexible food service format for all its products and opens up new markets
- Capacity has increased and coding efficiency has improved
- The system is operator-friendly
- The overprinter is now available with IP65 rating (dust tight and water jet protected)
The Tucker family has used 30 years of combined experience in the international food industry to create the Tucker’s Natural Gourmet Cracker range for the Australian as well as overseas retail and food service markets.
Managing Director Sam Tucker, who’s been nominated thrice for the South Australian KPMG Young Leader Award says the handmade range is constantly evolving as they respond to customer feedback.
To enable this, flexible packaging capability has become an important part of production.
“Installing the Linx TT5 has given us the flexibility to launch and trial products because we can basically put everything together, run plain film through and print all the details on the front of the pack and we’ve got something.
“You literally can create a new food service product overnight with that printer, which is fantastic. It has been a huge bonus for us.”
Installation tailored to client’s needs
Matthews’ technicians installed the Linx TT5 printing system on the plant’s existing horizontal flow wrapping machine.
Matthews supplied and fitted the required brackets, which facilitate correct print alignment, accurate measurement of film speed and easy positional adjustment.
The Linx TT5 thermal transfer overprinter prints directly onto the film before each product is wrapped.
“We chose the Linx TT5 from Matthews to keep up with the latest food standards and to provide a flexible food service format for all our products.
“It suits our business as we have an evolving product range so we can quickly and easily update information on each pack with minimal cost and fuss.
“We compared equipment from different suppliers, and had a competitive offer. But the clincher for us was Matthews’ local sales and technical support. This is critical to our business in South Australia, and is why we went with Matthews.”
Matthews’ sales and technical support has a first-time fix rate of 97% and is available in all mainland state capital cities.
Key system features of these industrial printers include:
- Touch screen LCD display, clutchless ribbon drive system, simple ribbon reload cassette and on-screen diagnostics are designed to keep production lines running
- The ribbon width of up to 55mm makes the Linx TT5 particularly suitable for printing best-before dates and batch codes
- The ribbon cassette design ensures that changing ribbons is quick and simple
- Linx TT5’s intuitive colour touch screen user interface allows operators to preview messages before coding and results in fewer errors and hassle-free operation
- The printer is ideal to code onto flexible film packaging within environments that have high hygiene standards or have particle filled air.
- Linx TT5 printer is ready for a washdown in seconds without any requirement for additional covers