MathWorks is organising a series of free one-day seminars across five cities in Australia and in Auckland, New Zealand in August.
To be held from August 1 to August 14, 2013, the seminar series will see engineers, scientists and technical managers coming together to discuss how MATLAB and Simulink address advanced science and engineering challenges. The seminars will also feature live demonstrations of the new capabilities in R2013a.
The MATLAB Tour presents a unique opportunity to network with senior MATLAB engineers, MathWorks partners, and peers from across industry and academia to learn how MATLAB and Simulink are accelerating the pace of engineering and science.
Through a combination of keynotes, customer presentations, live demonstrations and workshops, attendees will gain further insight into some of the powerful new features in MATLAB and Simulink, and will increase their understanding of how these tools can help solve complex engineering problems.
The current seminar series follows the success of the event in 2012. The 2013 seminar will also be a first for Auckland.
- Keynote presentation by Stéphane Marouani, Manager, Sales and Service at MathWorks Australia
- Presentations focusing on the new features and capabilities in R2013a, including the MATLAB Desktop and Simulink Editor
- Workshop sessions focusing on image processing, parallel computing, machine learning, Model-Based Design, plus education specific sessions including enabling project-based learning with MALTAB and Simulink
- Case study presentations by industry experts from around Australia and New Zealand to show how they solve technical computing problems using MATLAB and Simulink
- Discussions between academic users about how MATLAB and Simulink inspire learning and advance research
- Networking sessions and partner exhibition area
- Thursday, 1 August: Auckland
- Tuesday, 6 August: Brisbane
- Wednesday, 7 August: Adelaide
- Thursday, 8 August: Sydney
- Tuesday, 13 August: Melbourne
- Wednesday, 14 August: Perth