MathWorks today announced Release 2009b (R2009b) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families. R2009b includes features for faster performance and enhanced handling of large data sets, builds on component-based modeling features in Simulink, and updates 83 other products, including PolySpace code verification products.
MATLAB features in R2009b include:
- Users can now access the MATLAB Central File Exchange, including thousands of user-contributed files, directly from the MATLAB environment
- Mapping Toolbox enables the search and retrieval of geographic data sets from Web Map Service (WMS) servers (for example, NASA JPL OnEarth and Microsoft TerraServer)
- Simulink Control Design – Automated tuning and turnkey PID controller blocks in Simulink for faster design and verification of these frequently used controllers
- Simulink Verification and Validation – Model Advisor Configuration Editor to manage and deploy a consistent set of checks and rules for modeling standards across an organisation
- Simulink Design Verifier - New API that allows Embedded MATLAB to be used as a property specification language
- Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder – More efficient code generation for signal processing applications, with reduced data copies and optimised matrix operations